How to live stream from unique locations. In our second webinar international DJ, Vik Toreus shares how he live-streamed from a 256-foot rooftop and secret forest in London.
As an artist without a manager or agent, Vik was not in the position to turn up with his memory stick and everything was ready for him.
Teaming up with videographer David Rincon, Vik invested his own time and money into making two pieces of content that he believed would help enhance his career as an artist.
Live Streams in unique locations
- Don’t use old equipment on your stream. Rent out the latest equipment so your setup matches your surroundings. YouTube comments can be brutal…
- Don’t give into venues and their demands for fees before a stream. Vik spoke to a friend who had access to a rooftop venue – this was after he was quoted over £500 to use a space.
- Don’t forget you need power, especially if you are pre-recording your stream in a forest in the middle of nowhere.
- Create hype – Not all live streams are live. Vik Toreus pre-recorded both of his streams and then shared regular clips before the premiere of the stream.
- Break down your 1-hour stream into short-form content. Streams are a great opportunity to market your new music. Share clips of unreleased music and send these to the other artists so they can share too.
- Use a professional videographer – It’s important to work with an experienced videographer who understands your vision.
- Check your analytics – Understand when is the best day and time to go live to your audience.
- Check the weather – this is really, really, really, important 😉
Create a big moment
KEY TAKEAWAY 💡
- Treat your live stream like you would a release or an event.
Vik shared teasers to his secret forest stream, creating hype and anticipation. Vik’s DMs blew up with everybody wanting to know what these images and videos were.
Off the back of his two live stream videos, Vik has received messages from DJs, managers and agents with much bigger reputations and followings.
If it wasn’t for the pandemic, Vik believes these videos would have lead to more DJ bookings. This was his aim before doing the live streams.
SOCIALLY SOUND TIP 💡
Download the Slideshow
WATCH THE LIVE STREAMS
Follow Vik Toreus on Instagram
Subscribe to Vik Toreus on YouTube
Follow videographer David on Instagram
Join the Socially Sound Membership to gain full access to the Socially Sound Hub.
The Socially Sound Membership is a product dedicated to helping you:
- Market your music
- Build your audience
- Execute strategies
Take your first step to becoming a Socially Sound DJ.
Each week I share a new case study in my Socially Sound Blueprint newsletter.
The blueprint to becoming a successful artist is right in front of you. You just have to look in the right places…